1. This being Black Friday, I am grateful to be sitting here writing rather than
being crushed by shoppers anxious to grab a bargain--if there are enough of
these so-called bargains to go around!
2. I am grateful for two wonderful children who are supportive of me and love me
no matter what.
3. I am grateful for a husband who believes in me as an author and who stands by
me through thick and thin. (I know that phrase is cliché, but it tells it like it is.)
4. I am blessed with four wonderful grandsons who are a joy. No matter how old
they are, they still say things that make me laugh. And I confess, some of those
things I may not have tolerated from my children. It’s just different when you
are a grandmother.
5. The fact that I am a published author is amazing. I accomplished this in only
four years, when it often takes authors much longer. For this, I am grateful.
6. I am grateful for all of those independent bookstores who have given an
unknown author the chance to be introduced through their stores.
7. I am thankful I moved here ten years ago to a place where I could find groups
like Sisters in Crime and Mystery Writers of America. The members of these
groups have been very helpful in educating me in the world of publishing and
supporting my efforts.
Of course, I could go on and on, but these are the things that are most prevalent in my mind at the moment. We should all stop and think about the positive things in our lives more often than once a year. I am not only grateful for those things, but for the hardships as well. Everything that happens in our lives, good or bad, shapes us. It is up to each of us to decide whether we use these occurrences positively or negatively.
Until next time.